Despite its controversial nature, the use of medical marijuana and cannabis-derived medicinal products grows more popular with each passing year. As of November 2016, over 40 states have passed legislation regarding the use of either medical marijuana or cannabidiol products. Many providers have started encountering patients experimenting with cannabis products for a wide range of conditions. While the debate continues regarding these agents for both medicinal and recreational use in the general population, special consideration needs to be made for pediatric use. This review will deliver the history of marijuana use and legislation in the United States in addition to the currently available medical literature to equip pediatric health care providers with resources to provide patients and their parents the best recommendation for safe and appropriate use of cannabis-containing compounds.
I find this interesting as a alternative method which might work well for the cottage grower.
Veganics is a growing technique that uses no animal by-products. As the medical cannabis marketplace rapidly expands, veganic methods are gaining traction with growers concerned with healthier medicine. Many smokers swear it creates a much more flavorful flower.
We heard about this when Ed and I were at Hope4Cancer and i am happy to see this has come to pass.
A decree issued by Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto today confirmed that Mexico has legalized cannabis for medicinal use after overwhelming support from Mexico’s Lower House of Congress.
Sure wish our country would finally take it out of the Schedule 1 status,
Here are a few links to explore if you or a loved one have MS. Cannabis has been found quite helpful with symptom control and slowing down MS.
Much more research is needed.
Medical Cannabis: A Complex Question
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society in the US takes the view that the question of whether marijuana — produced from the flowering top of the hemp plant, cannabis Sativa — should be used for symptom management in MS is a complex one.
It says that there is general agreement that better therapies are needed for distressing symptoms of MS — including pain, tremor and spasticity — that may not be sufficiently relieved by available treatments. Still, there are uncertainties about the benefits of marijuana relative to its side effects.
My husband Ed developed cancer because of his Hep C. This really caught my attention.
Dr. Matt Stone, PHD
Chief of Staff, Wyoming Institute of Technology
June 1st, 2014
For Immediate Release
Cheyenne, WY – Hepatitis C has negatively impacted millions of lives, and medical researchers have tried for decades to develop a vaccine with no luck. But today, our team at the Wyoming Institute of Technology is pleased to announce that, with the help of our pharmaceutical partners, we’ve cracked the code and can deliver a cost-effective vaccine and cure to the world within the next 14 to 18 months… and we owe it all to cannabis.
Our research into the field of hepatitis C vaccination began last fall, after one of our interns had alleged that she had completely “cured” herself of hepatitis C by edifying and vaporizing a strain of cannabis that she herself had invented, which she calls “Chunky Crimson.” Upon further investigation, we found that she had not actually cured herself completely, but her initial findings prompted us to launch a full study, which began in our facility in Denver, Colorado in January of 2014.
In May, the WIT team, working closely with a medical marijuana dispensary in Denver and also with a team from GlaxoSmithKline, developed a trial medication based on “Chunky Crimson” which is consumed three times daily, and coupled with a suppository admitted once daily. Human trials showed that 99.8% of recipients of the test drug were fully cured of Hepatitis C, while the remaining 0.2% showed signs of reversal, and could theoretically be cured with continued administering of the rectal suppository alone.
Pending FDA approval, WIT hopes to begin human trials on a needle-administered vaccine shot later this year. Meanwhile, the FDA is also reviewing our existing tested drug, which GlaxoSmithKline hopes to begin selling on the market in 2015. Both drugs should hopefully be available globally in 2016.
– See more at: http://witscience.org/marijuana-can-cure-hepatitis-c-wit-research-shows/#sthash.e5jb4A27.dpuf
State officials have announced that starting July 15th, Oregon will begin issuing reparations payments to those previously convicted of marijuana related crimes within the past decade. The decision comes hot on the heels of the marijuana legalization measure which takes effect July 1st throughout Oregon.
Read story (Hopeful that other states will follow suit)